Sunday 12 July 2020

GOD CARES ABOUT YOUR BODY

           
God does not only care about our spiritual wellbeing, he cares about our bodies and minds as well. A reason why he told us to renew our minds regularly with his word that we may attain growth and bear fruits. My focus today is to make you understand that Jesus cares about your body very much. He wants you well, he wants you whole. 
Jesus wants you to experience miracles in other areas of your life too.

Jesus was so passionate about making people well in their bodies. He went about healing the sick and raising the dead. He travelled far and wide to heal/deliver people. Even when he wasn't where the sick was, he made pronouncements and they were well. Miracles are a part of the goodnews that Jesus brought to us, most times we have made up our minds that miracles can't happen to us for one reason or the other and wonder why other people experience it and we don't. You need the right mindset and the right attitude towards Christ which is; he wants you well and he is intentional about you. Yes, having faith in Christ is very important and we are not to base our minds on what we feel or see.

There are two things I want you to gain from John 6, Jesus sat five thousand people down to feed them after the crowd followed him around most of the day. Jesus was sensitive to know they would have been tired and hungry. The first thing to gain is, know when your body needs rest to rest and when it needs care to care for it. Secondly, He had five loaves of bread and two fishes in a basket, Jesus raised the basket and thanked the father without a doubt that those people will be fed. The spirit of God, the working power of God was at work through Jesus while he was on earth. Jesus knew the fullness of God was in him. When we accept Christ into our lives, the fullness of God lives in us. Colosians 1 verse 19 for God in his fullness was pleased to live in Christ”.  Colosians 2 vs 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
We are capable of doing what Jesus did and even greater works because the fullness of God is in us. We are sons of God and it's through us that he works his power on earth. Ephesians 1 verse 19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realm.
John 14 verse 12  I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
John 6 vs 29 Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” Mathew 17 verse 20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
It's okay if faith is a walk for you right now, God is with you through those steps and he will constantly reveal things to you. Be intentional about it and depend on the Holyspirit to reveal the truth to you because what you know matters, most times it's not knowing the right things that stands in the way. God wants you well and you can pray for your self to get well.

Look beyond your symptoms, and believe you are healed. There was a time I had a fever, I  claimed my healing the instant I felt it, minutes later I got better. It came back the next day though, more serious. I refused succumb to it, i claimed my healing and went about my day. At a point I chose to rest because I hadn't rested the entire day, and i didn't stop believing i was healed. Later in the day, i got up regardless of how I felt and that was the end of it. 

There was a time as a child that I developed a painful red swelling on my body, I was taken to the hospital. After examining me, the doctor told my older sister who was stood in as a guardian that if I didn't get better, he would have to do a surgery. He told us to pray that I got better and wouldn't need that surgery after which he gave me a medicine, I can't recall what type. To have a surgery with the location of the swelling wasn't so good. The swelling was really painful that it affected my movement. My family must have prayed, I can't remember saying a personal prayer. After a while, I got better and was completely healed. I remember not completing my medication, I left a lot of it behind because I played with the drugs, I threw them ignorantly in the air like little balls. This testimony is to show you how intentional God is about healing us even when we are not aware. If I was to be left alone with the drugs I abused I probably would have had a surgery but God intervened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment