Saturday 7 March 2020

Are you fruitful?

Galatians 15 vs 22-23
 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruits in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Reading through Galatians 5 down to verse 22, I was drawn by that verse, not that I hadn't seen before, but it felt different this time. To show how familiar I am with this verse, I remember a time my mother taught it in children's sunday school when I was a child. She made it into a song for us. I remember clearly how she took her time to make sure we were able to memorise that verse as a song. I liked that song so much that it stuck with me till adulthood.

As a teenager, those days I thought the law to be the way. When I wanted to reprimand myself to be sure I was still the holy child of God who kept the commandments, i would remember this verse sometimes, it was more like an obligation for me to conform to it, like things I needed to possess to be a true child of God. After i had the revelation of the gospel of Christ  it made me realise, I had all of it in me. It was who I was. So yesterday,  evening, I came across this verse again. The question I asked myself was, Was I bearing these fruits? even though the seed have been planted in me. He has given me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness and goodness but i had to be intentional/conscious about bearing this fruits. This fruits are signs that the seed planted in us are being watered (by the word, it is also a sign of our deligent walk with God or our yield to the Holyspirit) and that its springs forth to bear fruits.

Are you letting yourself bear fruits of what has been planted in you? It's already in you. The reason we bear this fruits is because they are beneficial or I should say they are edible to people God has brought us in contact with. We also reap for ourselves the benefits of bearing this fruits, it's a yardstick to see how much we've grown spiritually.

  Lastly, because you went astray or distant doesn't disqualify you. We are his own and even when we go astray, he upholds us with his right hand and prunes us so we may bear good fruits, but you have to be willing to let him.

John 15

1“I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment